"When faced with conflict we can’t help but be involved"
This is my prompt for the novel "The Quiet American".
What are some ideas about this prompt that I could explore?
So far there are a few ideas that I have in mind (It'd be helpful to indicate which of the below is best to explore in this context)
- Why do we feel like we need to be involved in conflict - is it a choice?
- Does being involved in someone else's conflict make it our conflict
- Consequences of being involved
- How do we become involved
- Is it always possible to remain neutral - do we need to choose a side?
- Every individual can choose to embrace or reject conflict - why is this?
- We can not avoid conflict because it will only escalate
- Once we are involved are we able to opt out?
-“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” – Albert Einstein
Just a few of my ideas here. Some of your ideas would be very helpful, thanks in advance